The 2021/2022 winter season in Sälen has lots of exciting developments, including extended opening hours in Tandådalen and Hundfjället, as well as brand new SkiStar Cross Country Arena. The SkiStar Lodge Hundfjället will host its first guests in December 2021, while Scan Korv & Carve will continue to deliver fast and easy food on the slopes.
New developments in Sälen
- The opening hours in Tandådalen and Hundfjället are extended to 9 am - 6 pm every day.
- A new large stage is being built in Valles Fäbod for Valle's Show.
- The SkiStarshop has moved into the premises at Experiumtorget in Lindvallen, which was previously ICA Supermarket Lindvallen. Keys will also be handled via digital check-in for the majority of the lodging.
- The SkiStar Cross Country Arena with snowy cross-country skiing trails is being developed. This means that when we open up for alpine skiing, we also have prepared cross-country skiing trails. The hotel will offer electric lighting, trails for both classic and skating, wax huts and heated shelters, among other things. Read more »
Hotel and lodging
- In December 2021, SkiStar Lodge Hundfjället opens »
- A total of approximately 2,400 new beds will be added, distributed across Solbacken, Bergbyn, Sällfjällstorget and Timmerby Village.
- During the 2020/2021 winter season SkiStar parks opened in Lindvallen at Experium. For the 2021/2022 winter season a service house is being built, which will contain two family rooms with showers and toilets, as well as space for fresh water and emptying latrines and grey water. Read more »
- Scan Korv & Carve, the quick and easy way to buy food on your mobile phone directly on the slopes, continues. For the 2021/2022 season you will find Korv & Carve at Söderåstorget, Östra Tandådalstorget and Tandådalstorget.
- The café restaurant in Gustavbacken is being expanded, with a new "Bodegan", which offers Spanish specialities and live music during the weekend.
- At the Högfjälls Hotel, the restaurant Onkel Jean will be changed to Onkel Jean Gone Fishing. The chef for Onkel Jean Go Fishing is Fredrik Hedlund, Olympic winner, along with the national chef team.