Winter 2022/23 in Sälen offers many exciting new features, such as a new button lift and new children's area in Lindvallen, new cross-country trails on the mountain, improved snow conditions and new improved lighting.
New developments in Sälen
- New children's lift and new children's area at Timmerbyn in Lindvallen.
- Valleberget in Lindvallen gets new LED RGB lighting.
- New lighting between Experiumtorget and Söderåstorget.
- New cross-country tracks on the mountain in Linvallen. Buy single trips for the lift up and down, so you can easily get to and from the tracks. Exact route and tracks under development.
Events and collaborations
- SkiStar Youth Camp by Charlotte Kalla 1-4 Dec Sälen: Charlotte Kalla and her team come to Sälen to inspire and develop young cross-country skiers where training sessions and lectures are interspersed with fun activities, challenges and socialising.
- SkiStar Snow Parks in Sweden are being developed together with SkiStar's new ambassador Jesper Tjäder.
- Collaboration with Kjell and co where mountain travellers now have the opportunity to buy everything from ski boot warmers to solar cell chargers for their mobile phones at a convenient distance from the slopes. The new initiative will start with a pilot phase in 14 SkiStarshops in both Sweden and Norway and will be launched in December 2022. The aim of the pilot phase is to enable a roll-out in all SkiStar stores.
Improved snow conditions
- A large water reservoir is built at the Väggen valley in Hundfjället. It will provide more water for our snow cannons, which means we can run more snow cannons at the same time and also have less impact on the rivers that supply us with water.
- Snow systems are reinforced with more snow cannons in several places to ensure earlier opening of more ski areas: the L27 lift and slope 39 at Sälfjällstorget, the ski roads between Experiumtorget and Söderåstorget, Trollbäckstorget and slopes 22 in Hundfjället, slope 1 in Tandådalen.
- New cosy restaurant opens in the middle of the slope above Gustavtorget, Lindvallen.
- SkiStarshop Concept Store has moved into brand new premises in the Lindvallen shopping area.
- SkiStar gets its first unmanned SkiStarshops, so-called SkiStarshop Express hubs, in Åre and Sälen. These are used via a proprietary app and will be open 24/7
- Sale of used clothing in cooperation with Circulate via SkiStarshop Concept Store Lindvallen.
- Rental of clothing will be offered in Sälen on test via SkiStarshop SkiStar Lodge Hundfjället and via our group/conference booking in Sälen.
- Sale of used skis from our own stock via skistarshop.com.
- Two electric snowmobiles in operation.
- Electrically powered piste machine for cross-country skiing.
- Continued replacement of old lighting with modern LED lighting.