For the 2020/2021 winter season, Vemdalen is focusing on improving the skiing experience for families with children, including the excellent new button lift in Björnrike which will simplify your stay considerably. Together with the new conveyor belt, longer lift and the widening of the Turisten slope, this will serve to improve the experience for families skiing Vemdalsskalet as well. The opening of Nya Hotell Klövsjöfjäll (New Klövsjöfjäll Hotel) makes visits to the Klövsjö area even more enjoyable, regardless of the season.
New developments in Vemdalen:
- New button lift in Björnrike between Björnrike square and Björnvallen. Easier transport links to the children's area and the ski school from Björnrike square and the Grizzly area and the chance for children to ski across the ski bridge.
- The mini-lift in the children's area at Vemdalsskalet will become longer, increasing skiing accessibility and providing more capacity.
- New conveyor belt at Vemdalsskalet provides more capacity in the children's area for our younger guests
- The Turisten slope at Vemdalsskalet will be widened at the bottom, giving even more space to turn.
- Nya Hotell Klövsjöfjäll (the New Klövsjöfjäll Hotel), which opened in July 2020, means idyllic Klövsjö finally has a real ski hotel. Klövsjö, awarded the title of Sweden's most beautiful village, has been a destination for guests to enjoy both an active outdoor life and relaxation for over 40 years. The hotel provides comfortable accommodation close to the slopes in modern and cosy double and superior rooms, delicious food from the restaurant's fusion menu featuring local Jamtland ingredients and inspiration, and rejuvenation in the new spa with its panoramic views. The hotel also offers extraordinary conference options, with both large and small conference areas, inspiring mountain views and rewarding outdoor activities suitable for everyone all year round. Read more and book »
- New accommodation:
Klockarfjället with Tallhöjden and Klockarfjällsvallen, read more and book »
Hovdedalen continues to expand, with construction including Högås villas phase 3, read more and book»
New area: Skalsporten with 61 plots
Storhogna-M: new apartments under construction
- New restaurant owner in Björnrike as Grizzly Bar & Kitchen becomes Björne's Brasserie. Peter Dahlbäck is the new owner, bringing his local expertise from Hovde Sportbar and Vemdalen catering.
- New restaurant owner at Björnrikegården