Winter 2022/23 offers many innovations in Vemdalen, including the widening and extension of the slope Turisten and the introduction of the SkiStar Cross Country Arena concept.
New developments in Vemdalen
- The classic Turisten slope is widened and extended to the summit of the Hovde Express so that you can easily enjoy the Turisten and rest your legs on the way up the Hovde Express. The new descent will be illuminated.
- The intermediate lift is slightly shortened to create space for the widening of the Tourist. The upper part will be excavated in order to create an easier descent.
- The snow system is reinforced with snowmaking in Torgbacken and Björnvallen's lift tracks in Björnrike and in the new part of Turisten.
- SkiStar Cross Country Arena moves into Björnrike. There are a total of 7.5 km of tracks divided into four loops, of which 3 km will be electrically lit. Toilets, a ski wax room and a boiler room are located next to the arena.
Events and collaborations
- SkiStar Snow Parks in Sweden are being developed together with SkiStar's new ambassador Jesper Tjäder.
- Collaboration with Kjell and co where mountain travellers now have the opportunity to buy everything from ski boot warmers to solar cell chargers for their mobile phones at a convenient distance from the slopes. The new initiative will start with a pilot phase in 14 SkiStarshops in both Sweden and Norway and will be launched in December 2022. The aim of the pilot phase is to enable a roll-out in all SkiStar stores.
- SkiStar Concept Store at Vemdalsskalet has been refreshed and renovated inside.
- Guests who pre-book their ski equipment via skistar.com have the option of selecting delivery directly to the lodging. Applies to selected lodging.
- Sale of used skis from our own stock via skistarshop.com.
- Acquisition of real estate: Bergsgården at Skalspasset, Torghuset including the restaurant on Skalets torg and Skilodge Skalspasset where concept development is ongoing.
- Scan Sausage and Carve kiosk in Björnrike at Grizzly Express.