The 2022/23 winter season offers lots of new developments, including building a brand new express lift in central Åre and developing a new SkiStar Snow Park in Duved in collaboration with Jesper Tjäder.
New developments in Åre
- A new express lift, Stjärnliften, is being built in central Åre to replace the World Cup lift. The new 6-chair lift has a capacity of 2600 persons/hour in winter and 1000 persons/hour during the summer season. The lift is thus the first lift in Sweden to be built to transport people in both summer and winter.
- A new SkiStar Snow Park is being built in Duved together with our ambassador Jesper Tjäder.
- A new skicross track is planned in Duved.
- The Mini Tege button lift is being replaced by a more reliable and modern lift with a slight increase in capacity.
- Extended opening hours with morning skiing in Duved's cable car at 08:00 every day. We will also continue with extended opening hours during holiday periods.
- Ground improvements in SkiStar SnowPark Bräcke where the jumps in the red and black lines become mounds of earth during the bare ground period, allowing us to open the park earlier in the season. This is also important from a sustainability perspective as less snow is used.
- We are further strengthening the snow systems in Duved and central Åre, thereby ensuring snow in more positions and with better reach in the ski areas.
Events and collaborations
- The Kexchoklad chocolate wafer hunt moves to Åre.
- SkiStar Snow Parks in Sweden are being developed together with SkiStar's new ambassador Jesper Tjäder.
- Collaboration with Kjell and co where mountain travellers now have the opportunity to buy everything from ski boot warmers to solar cell chargers for their mobile phones at a convenient distance from the slopes. The new initiative will start with a pilot phase in 14 SkiStarshops in both Sweden and Norway and will be launched in December 2022. The aim of the pilot phase is to enable a roll-out in all SkiStar stores.
- New SkiStarshop Concept Store in Björnen.
- SkiStar gets its first unmanned SkiStarshops, so-called SkiStarshop Express hubs, in Åre and Sälen. These are used via a proprietary app and will be open 24/7.
- Sale of used skis from our own stock via skistarshop.com.