For the 2021/2022 winter season snow-making will be enhanced and a wind shelter will be installed on Sadelberget to provide shelter from wind and weather in part of the Åre ski area. The old Vargen lift is being replaced and will have more than double its capacity compared to last season, accessibility to Duved is being enhanced with new free parking and the SkiStar Cross Country Arena is being developed.
New developments in Åre
- A wind shelter is being installed at Sadelberg to "take away" the wind to ensure the Sadelexpressen lift is operating.
- The old Vargenliften lift in Åre Björnen is being replaced to improve capacity and skiing. This will be the same route as before, but with more than double capacity.
- The number of charging stations for electric cars will be increased.
- Accessibility to Duved is enhanced with new free parking and more efficient bus traffic with a new bus stop.
- The SkiStar Cross Country Arena is being developed, with a refurbished entrance, accompanying car park, toilets and another wax room.
- Åre Sports Centre in Duved is expanding its business with 5 new paddle courses, 1 tennis court, gym, 3 golf simulators, shop and café. Read more ataresportcenter.se