A better snow park offer, better slopes and a new restaurant are some of the new features in Hemsedal for the winter season 2021/22. Hemsedal has been named Norway’s best ski destination several times, and there are still many exciting accommodation concepts under construction.
New features in Hemsedal
- A better snow park. A new feature that will delight park skiers and snowboarders is the return of the red part of Hemsedal snow park. Hemsedal already has a gorgeous blue park and green lines for the little ones.
- Better slopes. A number of slopes are being improved, which results in a better skiing experience in “The Scandinavian Alps”.
- More snow production. Investments have been made in pumps, valves and nozzles to further increase the capacity of the snow production system. Increasing the amount of snow results in better and safer skiing.
- A new restaurant. Next to O´Learys, the Deli di Montagna restaurant will now be open for the winter season. As the name suggests, this is an Italian-inspired restaurant with a variety of pizza and pasta on the menu. Lunch and dinner are served here.
- Better après ski. Norway’s largest and best après ski can be found at Stavkroa, which was expanded and renovated last season to offer safe and secure entertainment with the same pleasant atmosphere.
- More chargers. For the winter season, the charging capacity for electric cars will be expanded with 20 new chargers. In total, there will now be 30 electric car chargers in the facility.
- Better transportation. The ski train from Bergen goes to Gol during the winter season. From there, there are corresponding buses to Hemsedal.
- Fjellnest consists of attractive apartments in the heart of Hemsedal and is located right next to SkiStar Lodge Hemsedal Suite/Alpin. Right outside the door, you will find skiing on well-groomed slopes and cross-country trails, all in a breathtaking mountainous environment. Here you will find great hiking and activity opportunities all year round. The project is led by SkiStar, and the architect has designed a modern and stylish complex that harmonizes well with the mountains and the surroundings. All apartments offer practical and spacious floor plans, balconies and large windows.
- Fjellandsbyen is a project between SkiStar Lodge Hemsedal Suite and Stavkroa. In the mountain village Hemsedal, an alpine town is being built in the middle of Hemsedal. On the first floor, you will find year-round cafes, restaurants, shops, fitness facilities, ski and bicycle rental and much more. The area of the apartments ranges from 22 to 110 m2.
- In Totten Lodge, by the Totteskog lift, 75 apartments are being built in five buildings in the first construction phase. The apartments will have a warm, bright and delicate design, inspired by Scandinavian architecture. In addition to a parking space on the ground floor, a parking garage is being built to access the apartments via stairwells and lifts.