With respect, thoughtfulness, the adherence to the minimum distance and a couple of guidelines, a relaxed ski holiday can be guaranteed. As per today we are optimistic to offer an unrestricted ski operation for the winter season 2020/21. Based on the government’s COVID-19 regulations we have set up the following guidelines for winter 2020/21 which are regularly updated and subject to change: (State: 15th of September 2020)
COVID-19 Guidelines for your relaxed winter holiday
Due to the implementation of some easy, yet effective measures and actions we were able to ensure a smooth gondola operation during the past summer season. This was only possible thanks to a big willingness to self-responsibility by our guests as well as our employees. Safety and health of our guests, employees and residents is, of course, our highest priority for the upcoming winter season.
COMPULSORY MOUTH-NOSE PROTECTION
- For passenger transportation in ski busses, cable cars and chair lifts, official federal rules for all public transport apply – basically meaning that wearing a mouth-nose-protection (MNP) is obligatory.
- Good news: Multifunction-scarfs, ski masks, bandanas, buffs or tubular scarfs are accepted as MNP and perfectly suited for winter sports. If you don’t own an appropriate MNP, you can purchase a tubular scarf at our cashier’s desks at a cost price of € 1, 00.
- All employees with direct guest contact are wearing a MNP. At our cashier’s desk there are glass screens ensuring the required distances. Wearing a MNP is obligatory in all enclosed areas, such as gondola and chairlift stations, ski rental, shops and restaurants. Kindly ensure the minimum distance of 1 meter to all persons outside of your household independently.
- The cable cars and toilet facilities are being disinfected regularly with special cold fumigation tools. The special cold mist is spreading out long lasting and floating droplet clouds, eliminating 99, 99% of all bacteria, viruses and spores on surfaces within no time. The substance leaves no remains, is non-toxic, pH-neutral, skin- and eye-friendly and 100% bio-degradable.
- Combined with a MNP our gondola capacities can be maintained and queueing time can be reduced.
- Disinfectant dispensers are at your disposal at our cashier’s desks.
PREVENTIVE TESTING OF OUR EMPLOYEES
To ensure the safety of our guests and employees in the highest possible way we have decided to regularly test all employees of SkiStar St. Johann in Tirol on COVID-19 before and during winter season. As ropeway companies are not classified as recreational facilities, but means of public transport and because infection risk is considered low due to the transport mainly taking place outside, all costs for these tests have to be taken by the company itself. However, this is the only right way for us to guarantee the highest possible security level and to be able to react fast if needed.
PURCHASE OF YOUR SKIPASS
- You can easily purchase online before starting your holiday on skistar.com. With a lead time of 12 days, your SkiPass will be sent to your home address by post.
- SkiPasses from a previous skiing day can be recharged online and reused.
- Of course you can purchase your SkiPass on-site. Required distances are guaranteed by glass screens at our cash desks.
- Queueing areas will be organised appropriately to ensure a possible adherence to the minimum distance. We kindly as for your cooperation and help in this case.
- Card terminals, pens and used key cards are disinfected after every use.
RESTAURANTS IN THE SKI AREA AND APRES SKI
- Wearing a mouth-nose-protection (MNP) is obligatory on the way to and from the table as well as in free-flow-areas and toilets.
- Of course the MNP doesn’t have to be worn while sitting at the table.
- Legally required distances between tables or dividing facilities will be implemented.
- All tables are cleaned and disinfected after use.
MEASURES OF OUR SKI SCHOOLS
Kindly find the exact measures and guidelines on the individual website of each ski school.
WHAT CAN YOU DO AS A GUEST TO ENSURE SECURITY?
- Wear a MNP in all areas stated above
- Adhere to the minimum distance of 1 meter to persons outside of your household wherever possible
- Wash and disinfect your hands regularly and diligently
- Avoid shaking hands and other contacts
- Sneeze and cough into your arm bend or a handkerchief that is disposed after use
- In case of a suspected infection please stay at home or in your accommodation and contact the health hotline 1450 for further actions (available 24 hours)
- Pay contactless with your bank or credit card wherever possible
- The most important guideline is SELF RESPONSIBILITY – with your caution and a logical thinking you can protect yourself, your family and your whole environment. If we all cooperate we will easily master this challenge