Winter developments in Hemsedal include a new major hotel, a new lift, new slopes, new accommodation in the centre, upgraded snow facilities and new upgrades in Valleskogen.
- The new hotel FÝRI Resort of Hemsedal, situated in Totteskogen, will open in December 2019. Located right next to the ski slopes within walking distance of Hemsedal town centre, and boasting magnificent mountain views and stylish interiors, the new hotel will be a welcome addition to the range of accommodation in Hemsedal. Read more about FÝRI Resort of Hemsedal here »
- The new Totteskog lift is opening. It will start from Totteskogen near the new hotel, linking the cabin area in Totteskogen with the Ski Centre and providing a connection between the Sentrumsløypa run (slope 49) and the Ski Centre via the new Fýriløypa run (slope 52).
- The new Fýriløypa run (slope 52) will provide easier access to Totteskogen and the FÝRI hotel from the Sentrumsløypa run (slope 49). From there, you can easily take the new Totteskog lift back to the Ski Centre.
- Another new run, Sentrumssvingen (slope 53), is opening. It starts at the top of Hollvin Express and provides easy access to the Sentrumsløypa run (slope 49) and then on to the centre or Totteskogen.
- Valleskogen and the children's area will be upgraded with new lights, sounds and effects. The Vallekiosken kiosk will be converted into a heated cabin for the ski school.
- Skigaarden is building fifteen new rental apartments at the heart of Hemsedal Ski Centre with stunning views of the valley and the adjacent ski slopes. Extras such as bed linen, towels and final cleaning are included in the price, and if you book at Storgaarden 1 or 2, the price also includes breakfast and dinner of the day at the Skigaarden restaurant.
- The snow production system is being renovated and upgraded. The new system will have high speed valves for more effective snow production.