For the 2018/19 winter season, there are more new properties and a focus on children's and family experiences in the centre of town. Valle has lots of great new developments going on too: a children's ski area and playland are being built at activity centre M in Storhogna, the snow-making facilities are being upgraded and the skiing developed, which will mean - among other things - improved access to the SkiStar Fun Ride at Vemdalsskalet.
- Valles Skogsbana - Valle's forest run is being built in Björnrike. The start will be located below the Björnvallsliften lift, 650 metres above sea level.
- Valle puts on a show several times a week all season long in the ski area.
- In Björnvallen, Björnrike is Valles stuga being built and will be open for spring half term. In the future you will find Valles childcare here. The children's area in Björnvallen is being expanded and an extra 30 seats are being added to the lunch restaurant, Björnvallens Sportkök.
- Valle's Dinner (Valles Middag), where children aged 0-6 eat free with a paying adult, will be served one day a week during Valle's Winter Weeks (14 Jan-3 Feb (weeks 3-5)) at Restaurang Bräjks in Björnrike and Restaurang Passet at the SkiLodge Skalspasset.
- New children's ski area featuring a conveyor belt and playland at the SkiStarshop in Storhogna-M.
Improvements to the skiing and snow-making facilities
- The snow-making facilities are being expanded on Svarthåshanget, Vemdalen's steepest and toughest piste.
- The piste Snobben in Björnrike is made wider.
- The Björnrike Skicross has a new route.
- Persbacken on Vemdalesskalet is being widened and the SkiStar Fun Ride is getting a new entryway that will make it more accessible.
- Easier access to the entire Storhogna and Klövsjös piste network via new entry and exit areas for the Tunnelliften lift.
- Doubled capacity and expanded ski rental range at the SkiStarshop at activity centre M in Storhogna.
- Rönningen heated shelter at Skalets torg is being renovated ready for the winter, with new toilet facilities being fitted.
- The Skistarshop at the SkiLodge Skalspasset is being expanded and will boast a wider product range and faster service for ski hire, check-in and buying ski passes.
- The new World Championships Pass - a ski pass that will be valid in both Vemdalen and Åre during the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships from 5-17 February 2019. The World Championships Pass will also act as your ticket to the competition events.
- The frequency of ski buses is being extended on popular routes and there will be a new bus stop outside the Skilodge Skalspasset.
New lodgings in Vemdalen
- New apartments at Björnrike torg square, just above the SkiStarshop & Concept store.
- New apartment building at upper Björnterassen above the Villa Björnrike and Bräjks Matbar food bar.
- New properties on Klockarfjället and the mountains' first Nordic Swan Ecolabel certified properties with two apartments. The materials used have been carefully selected in order to avoid spreading hazardous substances in indoor environments. The building recycles heat from both its ventilation system and its wastewater. Naturally, there will also be charging facilities for electric cars.
- A large Russian log house is being built, featuring nine apartments for hire by skiing holidaymakers.