This season's biggest new feature is of course the development of Hundfjället, where a new 8-seater express lift will be ready by December 2018. But the 2018/19 season has more news to offer, too - an even greater fun skiing experience with the SkiStar Fun Ride, which is being extended and moved onto Hundfjället, more properties are being built and snow-making facilities improved.
Ahead of the 2018/19 winter season, SkiStar Sälen is investing SEK 100 million into the Hundfjället ski area, located just 10 minutes from the new Scandinavian Mountains Airport, which is currently under construction.
More new developments in Sälen:
- SkiStar Fun Ride in Lindvallen - Last year's big hit is being extended and the concept will also be moving into Hundfjället (slope 6)
- Improved snow-making facilities: In southern Lindvallen, in the area between the squares Gustavtorget and Sälfjällstorget, on Högfjället and in southern Tandådalen the snow-making facilities are being improved and automated. In Hundfjället, a brand new snow-making system is being built, along with a new 8-seater chairlift. At Hundfjällstorget, the snow-making capacity is being enhanced so as to be able to more quickly provide snow right next to the central car parks.
- The skiing is being developed: in southern Lindvallen a new connecting trail is being built, along with wider runs and a new lined conveyor. In eastern Tandådalen, the snow park and Valles Skidland will be getting even better
- More car parks: Drop-off zones in Lindvallen - these will make it easier to unload the family and ski equipment right by the slopes before heading off to park in the nearest available parking space. New parking facilities are being built in Lindvallen and Tandådalen to improve skiing access.
- New check-in stations make it easier to get to your lodging as soon as you arrive
- Children's daycare facilities in Hundfjället moving into new, larger premises
- Extended opening hours - skiing at Valletorget, Lindvallen until 6 pm, every day, all season long!
- Popular partner activities, a chocolate biscuit hunt and Löfbergs Ice Hunt are being launched at the bottom station of the Experium Express (formerly known as the Märta Express).
- Food and entertainment:
Hundfjället - Fompes Grill, the charming eatery in Hundfjället, is being redeveloped.
Sälfjällstorget - Hotel Bügelhof is launching a new restaurant concept. Harrys is moving into new premises at Sälfjällstorget.
SkiStar Lodge Experium - An Italian kitchen with lunches and simple dinners on the menu is moving into Experium. The successful dinner show "Valle and the Snow Bandits" gets a sequel and is playing five days a week during the winter at Experium.
Modern and new lodgings
- Ski Apartments in Tandådalen and Hundfjället: 28 apartments that are both secluded yet boast the very best ski-in, ski-out location. The apartments boast spacious living areas and interiors that positively radiate rustic elegance. Ski Apartments XL Hundfjället are being built as part of Ski Apartments Hundfjället - four large, 16-bed apartments, where each apartment has a large living room and kitchen, plus four separate sleeping areas with private bathroom.
- On Tandådalstorget, the expansion of the popular Solbacken lodging area continues, in the shape of 15 apartments located just below the mountain hotel, Tandådalens Fjällhotell. This is the first of three stages, in the course of which a total of 900 beds will be built.
- At Söderåstorget in Lindvallen, Timmerby Village is being built, a completely new lodging area that will be home to some 50 ski-in, ski-out properties and has the vision of becoming a "Scandinavian Beaver Creek". (Timmerby Village will be ready for the 2019/20 winter season.)
- On Sälfjällstorget, Hotel Bügelhof is continuing to expand by building another 25 new beds and a new lounge. A little further down the square, the Hotell Fågelboet is expanding by building Sälen's largest cabin: it's 600 m2, with 21 bedrooms and 44 beds!