In the winter of 2019/20, the skiing facilities in Åre will continue to be developed with a fully automatic snow system around the Åreleden trail (47), which connects the VM8 and VM6 ski areas. In addition, new restaurants will open in Åre and an exciting new time journey will be launched in Björnen as part of the Valle concept.
- Even more skiing during Christmas and New Year in Åre. During Christmas and New Year we offer longer opening hours in the whole lift system. Between 25 December-6 January the Linbana cable car in Duved is open 8 am - 3 pm and the Bräcke lift with Garden is open 9.30 am - 4.30 pm* daily. See all opening hours for the period here »
* Except for certain days.
- Valle's Time Journey will replace Valles Gruvgång in the Björnen ski area. As a further development of the Valle children's concept, Valle's Time Journey will be launched in the children's ski area Björnen, replacing Valles Gruvgång. Valle's Time Journey is an opportunity for children and parents to discover all the amazing places and events experienced by Valle during his lifetime, and will be an exciting new attraction in Björnen.
- Boquerian, the popular Stockholm-based restaurant serving Spanish delicacies in a market hall atmosphere, will open this winter in Åre, making a welcome addition to the large selection of existing restaurants. Boquerian specialises in tapas and pintxos, small and medium dishes that are ideal for social dinners during your skiing holiday.
- Pinchos, with its popular restaurant concept, to open in the square in Åre. The app restaurant serving tapas and appetisers from around the world will open in Åre during the winter of 2019/20, and will also launch a new accommodation concept with a hotel next to the restaurant.
- Supper, now in larger premises. The popular restaurant Supper, influenced by Latin America, moves into new premises. The restaurant, which opened in Åre in 2008, is now moving next door into Villa Tottebo. With the relocation, Supper almost doubles its number of seats.
- APO-Asian Post Office opens inÅre. In Supper's old premises at Parkvägen 3 another popular Stockholm restaurant is opening this winter. APO will serve food and drinks influenced by the Asian cuisine.
*Except Wednesdays, Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.