This winter's big news in Åre is of course the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships from 5–17 February 2019 - where a valid SkiPass will get you into this festival of skiing! The FIS Alpine World Ski Championships is the biggest winter sports event after the Winter Olympics, and Åre is set to host the Championships for a third time. Of course, Valle will be involved in the Championships, while SkiStar is the official title sponsor. Åre is also developing its skiing and building a new SkiStarshop in Björnen, where Valle's children's daycare centre will also be opening.
More news in Åre:
- 56 new gondolas with a capacity of 8 people sitting or 12 standing. The new gondolas will increase capacity to the summit by 20%, while also improving comfort.
- Fröåsvängen, No. 106 - last year's new carving run in Sadeln - is being widened from the top right down to the valley.
- The Åre Fun Ride is being enhanced with an additional stretch containing new elements and sounds, with the same start and finish as in the past.
- A modern, new SkiStarshop Service Centre is opening in Björnen, offering ski rental, a sports shop and a reception.
- Valle's childcare moves into the new SkiStarshop in Björnen
- Stay with Valle at Holiday Club - Valle is moving into the Holiday Club family resort.